House of God
- In NT Jesus uses different metaphor/examples to teach. Bread/sheep/farmers/bride.
- Let’s attempt to look at God in another example, something universal that we can all relate.
- I want us to go to God’s house.
9 “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.11 Give us today our daily bread.12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’
1. Living Room
- Consider the living room…chilling/christmas tree. Is where you wanna be with each other. No agenda, just spending time with each other.
- I believe in God’ s house, that is the most important room. God, our father want to spendtime with us more than anything else
He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.
- We don’t need to be adopted if we already have family. Only those who do not need to be adopted.
- God predestined everyone sitting here to be adopted into his family.
- And he says according to his pleasure and his will.
- You don’t adopt someone for what he has but what he needs.
- He not only forgive our sins but he brought us home.
- We are his. We belong to HIM.
- Who is in heaven. Think about it, heaven is beautiful. Look at the stars and imagine how big this universe is.
- Sometimes we need to get out to the balcony and look up and see how big our God really is.
Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said: 2 “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? 3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. 4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? 6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone - 7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep? 17 Have the gates of death been shown to you? Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness? 18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this. 19 “What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside? 20 Can you take them to their places? Do you know the paths to their dwellings? 21 Surely you know, for you were already born! You have lived so many years!
- Like Job, sometimes I caught myself in the same shoes. I thought I got it all figured out.
- God is so much smarter and his understanding is so far beyond our mine. He is bigger than we can imagine.
- What are you worry about that God can’t handle?? Don’t reduced God to something smaller to something we can predict and forsee.
- “hallowed be your name..” Holy be your name. God is perfect, I am not. He is clean, I need to be clean.
Romans 3:23 - Everybody sins here. We all fall short.
- That’s why God put a bathroom in the house. Coz we need to be clean. We need forgiveness, we need his grace.
Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the powerand the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah.For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.
- Struggles - Lust impurity/ deceict/anger.
- I have a lot of bad days. How do I carry the holy of holies in me? How do I defeat them?
- Remember the blood of the lamb. Don’t seek perfection, seek grace.
- There is a bathroom in the house. Used it as many times as possible, 77 times if you got to.
- When kids need to go they know it. Is obvious on you and me when we need to go to the bathroom spiritually. Just go.
- Some need to go to the bathroom more. Some need to come out rather then waiiting for that perfection.
- “your kingdom come, your will be done”
- You rest, reflect and recharge.
- That’s where we go find out what God’s will is for our lifes. And God’s will has always been to obey him.
- He doesn’t care if we suceed but he just want us to obey. He will bring the success not us
- “Give us today our daily bread.”
- We like kitchen…brothers too.
- Kitchen is where we trust God.
- He doesn’t always give us what we want but what we need.
- And he always gives us what we need.
- We bump into each other and it gets crowded. Hallway is like a church where we bumped into each other.
- But God always wants us to forgive each other as I have forgiven you.
- That’s sometimes a challeging idea. I will forgive you as much as you have forgive others.
- God’s house is amazing. Is the only place where you are secure.
- In other country you rarely feel secure. Foreigner!
- Is like taking a flight. Fasten your seatbelt , is gonna bumpy. God promise it will land coz he is flying it. If God is the pilot, he will land the plane.
- No more orphanage, they all got adopted.
- Be faithful…stay in God’s house.